Does KDE really suck this much?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 27 08:54:18 UTC 2013

| From: Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>

| Yakuake is indispensable in any desktop environent - it isn't a KDE
| specific app, it works better than in Gnome or others.

I'd never ehard of this before.  Or the Gnome equivalent, Guake.

So I read a bit about them and don't see why I'd want them.

It's true that switching to terminal windows is a bit awkward by default.
But I'd really hate having only one.  In my world, I have lots, each with
task-based lifetimes (not nested or any other simple relationship).

Can you expain how it works for you?  We might learn something.