war story: another disk problem

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 25 01:53:50 UTC 2013

On 23/12/13 11:45 AM, Giles Orr wrote:
> +1 on the "not loving the Antec Sonata."  It's a well-built case and I
> haven't had hardware failures as you have, but when I bought it I moved an
> older Core 2 system out of its original Dell case (hush, Lennart) and into
> the Sonata case - and the Sonata was very noticeably louder.  Since the
> supposed noise reduction is their biggest claim to fame, I've never been
> overly impressed.

I think the only Sonata that was really solid was the first one. After
that the quality dropped off, though all their Sonatas have been/are
quiet at least.

I decided to go for it with my most recent case and got an Antec P183. I
haven't used many cases, but it has to be the most fantastic case that
I've encountered. It's silent, is a full tower so there's plenty of
space, the 120mm fans keep things nice and cool, and the separate PSU
chamber is brilliant for noise and ventilation.

Cheers, Jamon