Does KDE really suck this much?

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 22 14:40:06 UTC 2013

So, after a certain amount of work I have arch Linux installed on my new
laptop. I thought I would give KDE a try, so installed the kde-meta package
and booted up smoothly into KDE. It is so ugly! And its not at all obvious
to me how to do most basic things. Has anyone made the switch from unity or
gnome, and do you like it, and can you recommend some resources former
beginners? I've been using Linux for a decade so don't need intros to
basics, but the GUI really baffled me .l- I feel like my mother confronted
with a new tablet. Never thought that would happen to me...