file system reommendations for SSD...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 20 16:33:36 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:22:25AM -0500, Matt Price wrote:
> I should have said "my first EFI system"  -- anyway, I am rather
> confused about whether I need a separate /boot partition in additoin
> to the EFI system partition -- that will be espeially important if I'm
> going to be encrypting the whole disk as jamon suggests.

Well no harm in making more partitions, given they are small partitions,
and GPT has room for 128 partitions, so you are not likely to run out
like you were with the old DOS partition table.

I haven't actually ever set up a system to boot with EFI, I have used
compatibility mode booting so far.

--
Len Sorensn