Interesting home made Raspberry PI case...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 20 15:32:20 UTC 2013

We seem to have a reasonable number of Raspberry PI fans here, and for them
here is a PI project that could be of interest (and this is a project that
could be easily adapted to some other small form factor computers, like the
Beagle Bone Black).

I ran across this home made Steampunk (mixing Queen Victoria style with
modern technology) Raspberry PI case design:

 http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Raspberry-Pi-or-Mr-Clock-workers-server/

I have mixed feelings regarding the whole Steampunk style, but I really
like the lack of clutter this design offers, with a USB hub and power
supply tucked away in the base under the Raspberry PI. I also like the use
of a glass dome, so the guts of the Raspberry PI are on display and the
optional Raspberry PI camera can be used without issue. Lastly I can see
some easy ways to simplify the design to a point where it would be within
the limits of my modest wood working abilities...

Of the commercial cases my current favorite are the ones from ModMyPi,
which while fairly nice and inexpensive do leave one with a bunch of cables
running around the desk. So, the above is a higher cost, higher effort, but
neater looking solution to holding/protecting a PI...

Colin.