GPU Bitcoin Mining on old-ish hardware

Scott Allen mlxxxp-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 16 17:23:08 UTC 2013

On 16 December 2013 12:01, Stewart C. Russell <scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately there are bits of most computers that like to be kept at
> least slightly temperature controlled, so your hardware may not be too
> happy with the move from the server room to the HVAC system.

I'm not talking about a big operation. In a room that's heated by
electric baseboard heaters, with a thermostat in that room, a system
mining bitcoins would just act as another heater. The electricity used
would cost you nothing that you wouldn't have to pay anyway to run the
baseboard heaters. That's assuming that your system alone doesn't
generate more heat than is required to maintain the room at the
desired temperature.

--
Scott