GPU Bitcoin Mining on old-ish hardware

Scott Allen mlxxxp-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 16 15:26:07 UTC 2013

On 16 December 2013 07:05, William Muriithi <william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>> Besides this, I don't think that you actually make a profit running
>> anything but mining ASICs or perhaps FPGAs.  And then only if you get
>> them cheaper than the market price.
>> <https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison>
>> --
>
> +1
>
> Its not worth it any more unless you have specialized ASIC that's less than
> 6 months old.

Unless the place where your hardware is located is heated with
electricity and the heating system would be in use. Locate the
computer(s) where it/they would efficiently supplement the electric
heating system. Other than the initial hardware outlay, bitcoin
generation would be essentially free no matter what the hardware
configuration or time involved, provided the premises doesn't get too
hot.

--
Scott