Women and TLUG - a personal rant

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 10 00:12:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Renata Rocha wrote:

> I like TLUG a lot, and used to attend the meetings. But you haven't
> seen me at the meetings in a while, and probably won't see me anytime
> soon.

Hi Renata.  That's really a shame.  You were a regular attendee a few
years ago when I was going regularly.

> Some men who attend TLUG and we know who they are have a
> predatory/harassing behaviour when in presence of women. If you attend
> TLUG, have seen this happen and have ignored this behaviour of your
> colleague, you are enabling violence against women to keep happening
> at the TLUG environment, and keeping women away from the group.

I haven't been to a meeting for a while as I'm out of the country for an
extended period.  Could someone provide me with specific examples of these
predatory/harassing behaviours?

Rob

--
Email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org		Linux counter ID #16440