Women and TLUG - a personal rant

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 9 19:37:58 UTC 2013

I am yet to attend a TLUG meet so can't really comment. I would like to
apologize to Renata though if anyone did make her feel uncomfortable. I
would put this down as a lesson learnt and experience gained but I would
not stay away, I would get involved and there are many other ways to do
exactly that :-)

Just a though about there being a 'derth' of women, we do have women and
kernel hackers at that, and this article by one of them who is a kernel
hacker may help:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/

This has a list as well of women in Linux:
http://www.linuxhaxor.net/women-in-linux/

This is the wiki for ubuntu-women:
http://wiki.ubuntu-women.org/

There are two IRC channels as well:
#ubuntu-women <irc://irc.freenode.net:8001/#ubuntu-women> and
#ubuntu-women-project
<irc://irc.freenode.net:8001/#ubuntu-women-project>chats on
irc.freenode.net port 8001

*Aruna Hewapathirane*
Consultant/Trainer
Phone : 647-709-9269