OT war story / whine: more Windows 8 adventures (fwd)

Mauro Souza thoriumbr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 23 15:07:19 UTC 2013

When Ubuntu natty came out with Unity, I left Ubuntu. I was using Ubuntu
since dapper, when they used to deliver CDs to your door. I switched to
Mint, and Cinnamon is great.
Now I installed Ubuntu 13.10 again, installed Cinnamon on it, and was happy
with the results. Until I changed jobs, got a dumbed down Dell, got
mandatory Windows apps to run all the time...
Now I run Ubuntu 13.04 on a Virtualbox inside Win7, and Cinnamon don't work
as it should. It consumes up to 90% CPU doing nothing, and I discovered
that the 3D driver from VirtualBox and Cinnamon don't talk friendly between
them. So back to Unity...
I kinda liked it, after getting used to it. I am thinking on installing
Xfce or Fluxbox (from my old RedHat 5 days), but I don't have much time
now...

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.