laptop advice time...

Jason Shaw grazer-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 21 22:57:45 UTC 2013

I have the Lenovo X1 Carbon (I bought it largely due to a case of the
"ooh shiny"s) and I run gentoo on it.  I've had it for 8 months or so
and it's been great.  It has 1900x1200 resolution on a 14" screen, a
large trackpad (which can be a bit sensitive at times but I only use
it for two finger scrolling of long articles), the keyboard is good
with a solid feel and good travel despite it's thinness, and most
importantly good linux support.

The downsides (and they are huge for some) are all related to it not
being upgradeable; the RAM is soldered and the SSD is proprietary.

Those aside, it's been a wonderful machine for my usage (browsing,
virtualbox, sshing into remote machines, scripting, etc).

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Lennart Sorensen