C integral types [was Re: Semi-OT: Why Kids Can't use Computers] (fwd)

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 18 18:46:00 UTC 2013

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> My first VCR was a JVC HR-6700u.  Audio was in the linear track.  This
> model came out a few months after the first VCRs with 6-hour mode
> (RCA?).

Mine was an RCA and, as I mentioned, did 6 hours.  There were similar
models from Panasonic, Sylvania & Quasar, all manufactured by
Matsushita.  I also got mine in 1979.

After a bit of Googling, I found the model I bought in the fall of 1979.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCA-SELECTAVISION-CASSETTE-RECORDER-VET-450-WITH-REMOTE-/181196777789