decent mega-monitor?

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 14 19:02:48 UTC 2013

SWEET! but at that price, say compared to the HP 30" at double+$ the 39"
Seiki, you have to wonder
if it is not going to compare?
Also, i have a 800$ quad dual-dual-link dvi kvm, and I am guessing it isn't
going to support this
quadHD res. :(   and would there even be a dual monitor pairing kvm for
this yet. I guess I can
get a separate KVM just for one of them at first, and add it to my current
dual 30" setup,
just have to reinforce my desk, assuming they even make a KVM for a single
even.

Another thing is, with all that brightness staring so close, I turn my vid.
brightness down
and then have a script on linux (just button and hotkey) to toggle it and
push new settings to
nvideo config file then refresh it. With these beasts, especially if you
dual or triple head them
you would have to run them pretty dim else risk burning your eyes out. So
then these beasts would have
to have really good low brightness contract/quality.
If I could see one in action, and it was half decent, I would grab one now
but if it were on 16 hours a day 300 days a year, wonder how it would hold
up, and if any issues......
Maybe just get one as a third monitor and know if its a dud as a monitor,
it could be relegated to a tv.
Have to see what nvidia has to even run these beast, and what Xorg will
think of a desktop of
(twin portrait) of 4320 x 3840, and do they have brackets to allow
portrait.
Keep us (well free to email direct to me) updated if you get anymore info,
or get to see one.
-tl