How to get started on mobile development

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 8 17:25:23 UTC 2013

If you are doing high end stuff,
mono with
http://xamarin.com/
is the way to go. Its not write once, deploy on many, but the core logic
code (c#) with be the same,
and the particulars of camera, gps, etc, will change a bit depending on
phone, but even then they have
stuff to blend them together.
For games , there is
http://monogame.codeplex.com/
and the phenomenal
Unity 3d
http://unity3d.com/unity/multiplatform/mobile
also uses mono

This stuff isn't free :( but its what the big boys use now.
Your SOL on blackberry with this environment. But it will be good for
ubuntu phono (when the time comes).
Plus whatever logic you write will work on linux, windows, Mac, Ios,
android, nintendo wii, xboxN, psN, etc.

-tl