How to get started on mobile development

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 8 15:28:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM, E K <ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a project for mobile app development. I have no idea about how to get started with such a project. Any idea or pointer will be greatly appreciated.

Start with the basics - what platform(s) do you need to support.  Is
the project IOS-specific? Android? Blackberry?

Must the project be written using "native" SDK's or can it be an
HTML-based app?  If it can be HTML-based, I'd recommend a look at
Responsive Web Design[1] techniques and Phonegap[2].

Personally, I tend to prefer HTML5 over native but there are
exceptions (some things just aren't available via the browser yet).

Anyway, context regarding the project requirements should help narrow
down what you need to learn.

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design>
[2] <http://phonegap.com/>

--