Ninth Birthday celebration, OpenStreetMap

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 6 13:03:20 UTC 2013

Hi Mappers.

Y'all are mappers aren't you?

If you've been hanging around on this list for a while, you've seen my
posts relating to OpenStreetMap, and related events.  You might have
even caught one or more of my presentations on the topic at TLUG or
neighbouring groups.  It's hard for me to believe that the project is
turning nine years old.  That's something for a FLOSS project.  That's
really something for an OpenData project.

If you have contributed to OpenStreetMap by surveying your
neighbourhood, adding your favourite cafe, or writing code, etc. this
even announcement is for you.  We're having a birthday party for
OpenStreetMap this Saturday.  Come and join us for refreshments and
conversation.  The official information is on a proprietary meeting
site, reach me by email if you prefer.

http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-Toronto/events/123777892/

Your RSVP is required by Thursday night so that we can have enough
'vittles' for all you hungry mappers.

In the interim, go on out and map something.  The city, and your
neighbourhood , have changed in the last nine years.  Be sure to keep
OpenStreetMap data right up to date.  There will be a collective
mapping adventure Saturday before the party.  Join in on that as well,
if you want a little mapping action to build up your hunger.  See the
details on the same web site.

Best regards,
Richard