Need some help with "upstart"

David Thornton northdot9-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 6 03:38:24 UTC 2013

1. Try capturing $?
2. Try to capture the command's output in the startups script (
command > /tmp/my_out_file )
3. Try to capture stderr (  command 2 > /tmp/my_error_file )
4. Upstart might have command line options like --verbose.

I recall there was a little learning curve with gentoo init scripts.
Where before I was debugging bash inits scripts by adding -x to the
script, in gentoo I had to add --verbose . Upstart must have some sort
of mechanism for recording every step.

David

--
Sent from my mobile device