Raspberry PI Power

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 2 22:02:28 UTC 2013

On 13-08-02 05:17 PM, Mike Kallies wrote:
> http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html
>
> Detailed graphs of the power/voltage and overload characteristics of a
> breadth of chargers.

A comment to the article mentioned the audible noise some of these devices
can generate. The article didn't get in to the amount of unwanted RF that
can be generated by cheap devices.

I recently saw a YouTube video where a person showed a real vs. a cheap/fake
camcorder charger. There was an AM radio playing a few feet from the
chargers. When the cheap/fake charger was plugged in the AM radio station
was almost wiped out by RF noise. The real charger did not affect the radio
at all.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.