Raspberry PI Power

William Weaver williamdweaver-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 2 17:39:47 UTC 2013

I totally agree that it's easier to measure the Voltage than the current,
the problem is for the situation the RPi is going to keep the voltage
constant on the 5V rail. It'll do that by upping the current draw, if he's
capping out the 1A power draw of the supply, he won't know that unless you
either get a current measurement or you can accurately determine the power
draw of the USB port. Then you have P = VI.

Putting two leads inline a USB connector to get a current measurement
shouldn't be to terrible.

Will