Microsoft files EU Android complaint

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 13 00:44:04 UTC 2013

| From: James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| James Knott wrote:

| > If you're really concerned, use a VPN.
|
| Forgot to mention, SIP support IPSec, for encrypted calls.

SIP doesn't support IPSec, IPSec supports SIP and essentially all
other IP protocols.

But you need opportunistic encryption so that you don't have to
pre-arrange all your connections.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunistic_encryption>

Here's an RFC we wrote about it:
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4322>

It turns out that OE was a hard thing to sell.  We couldn't even give
it away.  Heck, when I bought a Linksys router with our code in it, they
had disabled those features (and held out on the source code, contrary to
the GPL).