Teksavvy Nightmare

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 9 16:05:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 07:29:18PM -0400, John Moniz wrote:

>>> Bell Canada is a legitimate monopoly, a carrier, and a content provider.
>>> They have a history of using their monopoly to wipe out all competition.
>>>
>>>  How about providing an opinion about a topic in which you have some
>> familiarity.
>>

> Do you know me well enough to fairly judge my familiarity this topic?
> One of my long term customers is small ISP. I know first hand how Bell
> and Rogers treat them. I have been a Bell and Rogers customer for many
> years. I know first hand how they treat me.

Well, politically you're preaching to the choir I guess. I am not a Bell
fanboy or anything. I only wanted to find out if people knew about specific
technical drawbacks to Bell's service.

Similarly, I know that Teksavvy is a political favourite, and I certainly
sympathize with that, but in my case it's a little more complicated. At
some point, if they simply are not capable of providing their service to
me, then I do not have much choice other than to cut them loose. I can't
sit here for two months waiting for them to sort it out.

--
Thomas Milne