[OT] Fourier analysis question using Gnumeric

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 26 05:10:44 UTC 2012

  This is a personal project, not a homework assignment<G>.  I have a
rather noisy series of approximately 24,000 data points.  Gnumeric's FFT
analysis insists on a whole-number power of 2, so I'll use the last
16,384 data points.  I highlighted the data, and in the menu selected...

==> Statistics ==> Dependant observations ==> Fourier analysis

  The final output was 2 columns ("Real" and "Imaginary") of 16,384
rows of numbers.  Now what?  How do I interpret the output?  Anybody
here with some stats knowledge?