Database Diversity

erik.levinson-IaPBhvjdSnNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org erik.levinson-IaPBhvjdSnNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 25 00:39:51 UTC 2012

We're running MySQL, InfoBright, Postgresql, and soon MongoDB. We have over 600 million records in a single table and are adding millions per day, so while this isn't huge, it's not too small either.

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:03pm
To: "TLUG Mailing List" <tlug at ss.org>
Subject: [TLUG]: Database Diversity

The exec has been musing about the idea of doing a panel on databases
We know we have some people we can poke at for comments about CouchDB,
Postgres, likely DB2.

We're wondering if there are folks out there with involvement with
other databases.  Thoughts include MongoDB (for maximum "Web Scale"!
:-)), Cassandra, perhaps Bloated Goats, I mean, Lotus Notes, perhaps
some of the Oracle-owned databases, perhaps RDB :-).