Dell 14" notebook shipped with Ubuntu $299 today only

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 19 09:56:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 03:31:44PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote

> - even so, Hibernate was disabled.

  I ran into that problem with an Acer netbook with Poulsbo GPU.

> Another reason for distrust: Dell released netbooks preinstalled
> with Ubuntu that required a Dell-only driver (Poulsbo video).

  This was a problem with virtually all early Intel Atom netbooks,
including my Acer.  BTW, Poulsbo GPUs are now supported in the mainline
kernel.  See the thread...
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug/58557