Dell 14" notebook shipped with Ubuntu $299 today only

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 18 18:29:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Dell Business "10 Days of Deals" has a Vostro 2420 for $299.
> This is as cheap as a low end netbook but is better in a bunch of ways.

Agreed that I expect some to consider it crap, with decent reason.  It
seems tempting as a possible replacement for my elderly "oh, my
burning thighs!" MacBook, with considerably more of everything, and
probably rather less "burning thighs" :-)

Lennart's question of "is it really standard Ubuntu?" is a good question indeed.