overheating

dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 25 18:46:45 UTC 2012

41 seems very low for a CPU limit.

Make sure that the clamps that hold the CPU fan assembly are tight.
Sometime the plastic CPU retention plates break. CPU retention plates can
be purchased on ebay. (I have an AMD AM2 motherboard, and got an AM2 CPU
retention plate for 4 bucks. I had to remove the whole motherboard, replac
the plate, and reinstall the motherboard, but it worked.)

I find that fans need to be cleaned perhaps once a year, and heat sinks
need to be cleaned as well. They get slow and noisy and out-of-balance.
Noisy or locked fans can be removed, and the blades cleaned with wd40 or
fantastik and Q-tips. A drop of oil on the fan bearings help.

Compressed air cans can be used to blow dust out of heat sinks.
Make sure that no wires are interfering with the fan blades

good luck.

Duncan