Can root mount a partition and allow users to write to it?

Isaac Connor iconnor-8+tXeFxsjZXBNxJ6UmF5jlaTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Sun May 20 16:32:41 UTC 2012

What does this have to do with the topic?

What are you doing with these computers anyways?

I donate a lot of machine to a couple of organizations in Toronto that
put together machines and sell them cheaply for disadvantaged families
and community organizations.  If you were doing something good with
them, I could give you about 10 P4/Athlon class machines.

I personally still sometimes use a PIII laptop, running the latest
xubuntu.  It works just fine although it is a bit slow.  My baby also
uses it for watching youtube videos.  The video is choppy but she
doesn't know any better.

Still, I don't think that it is really worth the effort to keep PIII's
in circulation.  I don't even think it is worth it for P4's/Athlons.
Newer stuff is just too cheap and energy efficient.

Isaac