I need help getting Trendnet TEW-421PC PCMCIA card to function properly in Linux Mint 9 LXDE before Thursday March 22, 2012

charles chris cccharlz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 27 15:21:42 UTC 2012

I have been experimenting with Linux by creating images deployable on
almost anything.

My goal is to resurrect OLD near DEAD PC and Mac hardware with new up to
date software!

Thus the terms, Frank-Intel and Franken-Tosh.

Checkout my short video:

http://drpcdr.ca/frank_intel_franken_tosh/frank_intel_franken_tosh.html

http://www.drpcdr.ca/pics/HP_Omnibook_6000.jpg

http://www.drpcdr.ca/pics/IBM_Thinkpad_600X.jpg

http://www.drpcdr.ca/pics/2006_Macbook.jpg

http://drpcdr.ca/mac_story/mac_story.html

I had too many problems with the Wireless on the HP Omnibook.  It proved to
be unreliable!
So I did what I had suggested to the customer from day 0.

I reduced the repair bill by $20.00 and removed the PCMCIA wireless network
adapter.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Kevin Cozens <kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 12-03-21 09:09 AM, charles chris wrote:
>
>> I can connect to my wep wireless connection in Windows but NOT in Linux.
>>
>> Linux keeps asking for password and will NOT authenticate
>>
> [snip]
>
>  I need a solution before Thursday March 22, 2012
>>

> Did you get your problem solved in time or did you have to resort to
> putting Windows on the machine?
>

>  I wish Linux was more like Windows in that most things work straight out
>> of
>> the box, especially the installation of device drivers.
>>

> I have usually found Ubuntu does a decent job of getting the support right
> for devices unless you have something quite new. The main problem regarding
> device drivers is due to hardware manufacturers being unable or unwilling
> to consider making drivers available for other than Windows (and Mac). If
> they also do not want to give out details of the hardware to make it easy
> (or easier) to for someone else to write a driver, the Linux user suffers.
>
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Kevin.
>
> http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that
> distract
> Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
>                                | powerful!"
> #include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

http://drpcdr.ca
http://jobcircle.ca
416 398 3772 OR 647 453 3327