I need help getting Trendnet TEW-421PC PCMCIA card to function properly in Linux Mint 9 LXDE before Thursday March 22, 2012

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 25 18:38:03 UTC 2012

On 12-03-21 09:09 AM, charles chris wrote:
> I can connect to my wep wireless connection in Windows but NOT in Linux.
>
> Linux keeps asking for password and will NOT authenticate
[snip]
> I need a solution before Thursday March 22, 2012

Did you get your problem solved in time or did you have to resort to putting
Windows on the machine?

> I wish Linux was more like Windows in that most things work straight out of
> the box, especially the installation of device drivers.

I have usually found Ubuntu does a decent job of getting the support right
for devices unless you have something quite new. The main problem regarding
device drivers is due to hardware manufacturers being unable or unwilling to
consider making drivers available for other than Windows (and Mac). If they
also do not want to give out details of the hardware to make it easy (or
easier) to for someone else to write a driver, the Linux user suffers.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.