I need help getting Trendnet TEW-421PC PCMCIA card to function properly in Linux Mint 9 LXDE before Thursday March 22, 2012

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 21 01:51:20 UTC 2012

On 12-03-20 10:41 , charles chris wrote:
> I can connect to my wep wireless connection in Windows but NOT in Linux.

Best bet is ndiswrapper and the Windows driver. Trendnet say there is no
native driver for Linux. Check very carefully the hardware revision,
'cos Trendnet had a habit of keeping the same model number but switching
out the chipset. If you have the driver CD for windows you could well be
sorted.

I had a PCI 421 that was a Marvell 8000C. Worked like a champ with
ndiswrapper*. Didn't work with 64-bit OSs.

cheers,
 Stewart

*: as much as ndiswrapper can work. I mean, for user-level network stuff
it worked fine, but I wouldn't have put it in a server.