CBC News and the Raspberry Pi

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 5 19:32:24 UTC 2012

On 03/05/2012 02:21 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 03:46:06PM -0500, Scott Sullivan wrote:
[...]
>> Most modern ARM SoCs are ARM-11 designs, which use the ARMv7
>> instruction set.
>
> Most modern ARM SoC are Cortex-A8 or A9.  ARM11 is ARMv6 (the only ARMv6
> design really it seems).  ARMv7 is pretty similar to ARMv6 though.

Right, I had a feeling I was off somewhere in there. Thanks.

As a side note, there as been some outside work of an ARMv5tel build of
the RHEL-6 sources (Alpha Release Quality, No Docs yet.). Currently the
only kernel is for the Kirkwood SoCs.

http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/yum/os/

Having a handful of Kickwood based Devices, I'm going try and give this
a test whirl on the weekend.

--
Scott Sullivan