HDTV antenna recommendation?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 24 19:07:39 UTC 2012

Bob Jonkman wrote:
> I'm not understanding something. Aren't the digital broadcasts today
> using the same frequencies as the analogue broadcasts of yesteryear?
> If so, why aren't the old style antennas (rabbit ears, UHF loops,
> Yagis) sufficient to capture today's digital signals?
Yes and no.  The VHF low channels (2-6) are not very good for digital
and the upper UHF channels have been re-allocated to the 4G cell
network, but yes, existing UHF & VHF high antennas will work.  VHF low
antennas are now useless.  To my knowledge all digital stations in the
Toronto/Buffalo area are on UHF, except CKVR (Ch 10) and CHCH (Ch 11).