delving into ebook readers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 11 14:35:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:30:29AM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> Lots of things.  I often use mine for email, listening to music,
> surfing "the web" and more, in addition to reading books.  I have
> found some books are better on the tablet.  I can also download
> books directly to the tablet, including library books, whereas my
> ebook reader requires books be downloaded to my computer first and
> then copied across and library books have to be downloaded to a
> computer running Windows.  I can also use ssh to access my home
> computers.  Incidentally, the other day, I was showing my tablet to
> a friend.  She's a real estate agent and quickly saw the advantages
> it would have for her work.

To me "surfing the web" isn't happening without a keyboard, and touch
screens make lousy keyboards.

Same for email obviously.

For showing pictures, I suppose it is better than a digital photo frame
and potentially more convinient than a laptop.

TabletPCs were a good idea, except too expensive and a bit heavy.

--
Len Sorensen