Raspberry PI

Stewart Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 11 14:11:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:52 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> What were your extra costs?

At the very minimum, you will need:
* A Micro-USB power supply capable of delivering at least 700mA; most
phone chargers will do this.
* A SDHC card of at least 2GB. I got a semi reasonable deal on a
couple of 32GB Class 10s.

You will also likely need:
* a network cable
* USB keyboard/mouse
* HDMI or composite monitor cable. The Raspberry Pi does not do VGA.

You'll easily spend another $35 on this to get it going.

> Who did you order from and how much was shipping and handling?

Newark: http://canada.newark.com/
My total charges were $92.66 for two.They're $35 + tax + shipping
($12). Would be worth doing a bulk-buy to save on shipping.

cheers,
 Stewart

--
http://scruss.com/blog/ - 73 de VA3PID