Semi-OT: Go Daddy and SOPA

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 2 17:04:13 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Daniel Wayne Armstrong
<daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Digimer <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I'd still argue strongly to move your domains to a business that wasn't
>> a jerk from the start. Godaddy buckled, but they still have the same
>> thinking and management that allowed them to support SOPA/PIPA in the
>> first place.
>
> I considered several alternatives and finally selected Gandi.net as my
> new domain registrar.

I looked at the gandi.net website and see their head office is outside
the USA (Paris, France), which given the current situation I see as a
positive. On the negative, I see they have a US office, which again
given the current situation I see as a negative. Any other thoughts as
to a registrar that ... doesn't have possible US entanglements...

Colin McGregor

PS: As I type this on gmail I see a small ad on the right hand side
for Go Daddy, which given the circumstances is sort-of funny...