Semi-OT: Go Daddy and SOPA

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 1 21:41:24 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Digimer <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'd still argue strongly to move your domains to a business that wasn't
> a jerk from the start. Godaddy buckled, but they still have the same
> thinking and management that allowed them to support SOPA/PIPA in the
> first place.

I considered several alternatives and finally selected Gandi.net as my
new domain registrar.

There were cheaper alternatives but Gandi comes highly recommended and
the fact they serve as the registrar for the Electronic Frontier
Foundation was a deciding factor for me (I trust the EFF to do their
homework and choose reputable vendors). To both Godaddy and Gandi's
credit the transfer of my domain was smooth and swift.

Until January 15th 2012 Gandi has pledged to contribute $1 per inbound
transfer to the EFF:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/moveyourdomain-protest-internet-blacklist-bills

--
    //