Activists creating decentralized mesh network that can't be blocked, filtered or silenced

Anthony Verevkin anthony-P5WJPa9AKEcsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 27 15:01:49 UTC 2012

> From: "Scott Elcomb" <psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

> >> From: "Thomas Milne" <thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
> >> I would LOVE to be part of building something like this, anyone
> >> know of
> >> anything like this locally?
> >>
> >> http://goo.gl/7Vnua
> >

> You may be interested in some of the information the Pirate Party has
> collected: <https://www.pirateparty.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1128.0>
>
> If a project gets underway, I'd be happy to make some introductions.
> After months of constitution reform, leadership elections and other
> restructuring, I suspect we'll be reactivating this topic in the
> not-too-distant future as well.

I just had a second thought about the mesh network. Setting aside the
technical issues (which are obviously the most interesting to us), I
would say the mesh network would only make sense if the significant
amount of traffic would originate in the network and terminate in another
part of the same network. With none of the points being fixed (like a
datacenter) or else the link going to that datacenter would become a
de-facto backbone.

Would you guys have any suggestions on what kinds of applications such
network could run? The ones where traffic would both originate and
terminate in the Mesh. Say, there are 30-200 nodes in such network.

Regards,
Anthony