Seneca College and the Raspberry Pi.

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 21 20:12:14 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 12:50 PM, Colin McGregor wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Daniel Wayne Armstrong
> <daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Colin McGregor<colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>>> Scott Sullivan<scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>  has on more than one occasion noted that
>>> he was planning to organize a group Raspberry Pi purchase. So, I'll
>>> let Scott note his plans in that regard, but, yes, this is the sort of
>>> thing that would be of real interest to me.

This is still true. But I would like to remind folks that there is only
ONE reason to group buy, and that is simple to shave some dollars off
shipping. That value is lost in the logistics of organizing a group buy.

If you don't mind waiting to get yours then I will consult with
individuals who are interested. Otherwise I would suggest going your own
way or organizing your own group buys among your local peers.

This started because I plan to buy a minimum of 4 and so does my boss,
along with a handful of people I see on a semi-regular and predicable basis.

>> For this first-run of RaspberryPi's they plan to limit purchases to
>> one per-person.

Correct.

> Even at one per person I expect the machines will sell out QUICKLY.

Highly Probable.

--
Scott Sullivan