Linux TV

Russell Reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 3 23:14:18 UTC 2012

Thanks to all for the replies. We picked up the HVR-1250 at Sonnam
Computers on Spadina. Got it installed and the appropriate devices
seem to be created in /dev/dvb/adapter0/<frontend demux etc.> I'm not
sure about the driver though, can't seem to get xine or Kaffeine scan
to generate a channels list. Have to try again later.

I'm liking Gnome 3 on Fedora though. The default desktop is quite
neat, with it's switched sprite layers.(for lack of a better
explanation) for the Desktop/Applications switching toggle.

Is it possible to pin folders to the default desktop on startup? Even
if I save a file to the Desktop folder, it doesn't display af folder
link on start up. I have to use the file manager or a terminal to
navigate to it. I like having a few active folders to work every time
I start.

Russell