Linux help installing redhat harddrive into another computer and

Shane Powell shane-abz+RtKofAfQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 18 17:23:43 UTC 2012

We have an old accounting software that is Linux based (redhat). We had
it networked with a dedicated IP that we used an old terminal software
to access it.

The desktop hardware just crapped out. We tried to move the harddrive
into another computer but ran into configuration issues... we can't get
the kernal to recognize the ethernet adapter to connect to our network
and give us an IP so we can update the terminal software access script.

The job to me sounds easy, but for some reason people are not able to
help. I've been told that we need to add the specific driver module for
the ethernet adapter to the linux kernel and recompile. This is fine,
but then we need the existing accounting software to still be installed
or to be reinstalled.

Let me know,

Shane