Cubox? Linux 3.7 released, bringing generic ARM support

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 15 18:23:23 UTC 2012

| From: Thomas Milne <thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| In any case, that would be very nice if someone could help me get any
| installer on an SD card. I realize this is probably a bad time tho. I can
| leave it til new year.

| This is what I had in mind, the HFP version:
|
| http://goo.gl/kKOr1

== <http://www.solid-run.com/mw/index.php/Debian_installer_netboot>

It looks pretty easy to "prepare an SD card".  Can mkimage be run on
your current Cubox?  If so, you should be able to prepare the SD card
yourself.  If it cannot be run on the Cubox, that seems like a bug to
fix or a worthwhile project.

In any case, if all you want a PC for is to do the steps up to and
including "Prepare an SD card", that would seem to take very little
time.

Alternatively, someone (me?) could prepare the SD card image for you to
download and then dd to an SD card.  Or maybe you could do it via a
remote login to a debian box.

Am I missing something?