RIP Linuxcaffe?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 16 14:14:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, E K wrote:

> Oddly enough you need to have a passport to have a .ca domain name for
> your privately owned company. That might be the reason their site is
> down.

Hi E K.  Here are the rules for .ca registration:

http://www.cira.ca/assets/Documents/Legal/Registrants/CPR.pdf

As you can see, variou categories of people/corporations can hold .ca
domains.  I certainly held .ca domains as a Canadian permanent resident
(I'm a citizen now) and I don't recall having to supply my PR card number,
or any other number.  More recently, I haven't had to supply my Canadian
passport number either.

Essentially a person or corporation must have a 'Connection to Canada' to
register a .ca domain.

Cheers,

Rob

--