RIP Linuxcaffe?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 16 14:44:24 UTC 2012

| From: Robert Brockway <robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org>

| On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, E K wrote:
|
| > Oddly enough you need to have a passport to have a .ca domain name for your
| > privately owned company. That might be the reason their site is down.
|
| Hi E K.  Here are the rules for .ca registration:
|
| http://www.cira.ca/assets/Documents/Legal/Registrants/CPR.pdf

At one point (perhaps 1992) I looked into .ca.  I think that it was
when UBC was the gatekeeper.  The rules would not allow my
Ontario-registered company to have a .ca domain if it didn't have some
kind of presence in more than just Ontario.  Otherwise, I was supposed
to register in on.ca.  Apparently those rules went away on 2000
November 8.

E K: when did you try to register?