"wireless carrier lost" -> complete network shutdown

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 16:40:53 UTC 2012

Thanks for prompt reply.  Slackware does security updates, but it
doesn't do updates just because version number got changed.  So, yes,
KDE is 4.4.3.

I don't know how "wicd" got installed on my system.  I didn't know what
it was until recently.  It seems that it showed up as Slackware package
around May 2012.  Before that, Slackware didn't have any network
manager, because I remember I had to configure "wpa_supplicant" manually
so that "dhcpcd" can connect to and get IP from the wireless router.

I'll try disabling "wicd".

Newer Slackware (soon to be released) will be better at this, I'm sure.
--
William