"wireless carrier lost" -> complete network shutdown

Marcelo Cavalcante kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 15 15:56:50 UTC 2012

When you say "I'm running Slackware-13.1 (about 2 years old) which came with
KDE-4.4.3.", you mean the OS still the same? Without updates? Still with
kde 4.4.3 and all the rest?

For KDE, wicd is really better than network-manager, in my opinion.

I would suggest you to remove your WPA2 protection, just for a single test
and see if the same problem happens. Also, you could work as usual but
running "tail -f /var/log/messages" to see what's going on when your
interfaces get killed.

If you say you don't remember about having wicd installed, perhaps you have
some kind of cinflict between network manager and wicd, but I'm not sure
about that.

You need to check about this? Do you have network manager installed too?

Could you check the running services? wicd is running? networkmanager is
stoped?

Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha - Kalib

Graduando em Sistemas de Informações - ESTÁCIO/FIC
Usuário Linux #407564 | Usuário Asterisk #1148
Fortaleza - Ceará - Brazil
Celular: +55 085 87620983
Certificações: ITIL
V3<http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationLevels/ITILV3FoundationQualificationinITServiceManagement.aspx>
 | CSM <http://www.scrumalliance.org/> | LPI-C1 <http://www.lpi.org/> |
LPI-C2 <http://www.lpi.org/> | LPI-C3 <http://www.lpi.org/> | Novell
CLA<http://www.novell.com/training/certinfo/cla/>
Minha Pessoa: Blog <http://www.marcelocavalcante.net>
Projetos: Tux-CE <http://www.tux-ce.org> |
Archlinux-br<http://www.archlinux-br.org>
 | Chakra <http://www.chakra-project.org/> | KDE Brasil <http://br.kde.org>
 | TLUG <http://gtalug.org/wiki/Main_Page> |
PUG-CE<http://pug-ce.python.org.br/blog/>

Proteja meu endereço como estou protegendo o seu.
Não revele e-mail dos correspondentes: use Cco (Copia Carbonada Oculta).
Retire os endereços antes de reenviar. Dificulte assim a
disseminação de vírus e spam.