New computer, recommendations?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 13 16:11:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 08:19:39PM -0400, John Martin wrote:
> I haven't actually bought a new system in several years. However, I
> understand that machines built for Windows 8 may make it difficult to
> run anything other than Windows 8 so if you plan to run Linux on it,
> be careful!

If you buy a complete system that comes with windows, then it might be
a problem, although the windows 8 logo certification says there must be
an option to turn of secure boot.  So if the complete system you buy
with windows 8 on it has a windows 8 logo, then you should be fine.

No one is going to sell a motherboard that will only accept a windows
install.  That would be insane.

--
Len Sorensen