The TTC bylaws regarding the use of transfers are Draconian, nonsensical and business unfriendly.

Andrew Cowie andrew-2KHxOkysSnqmy7d5DmSz6TlRY1/6cnIP at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 13 08:25:18 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 21:01 -0400, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The London Underground has raised this to a fine art, where the fare
> between stations is entirely variable, depending on the two stations. It's
> also *much* more expensive, BTW. I found myself paying the equivalent of
> $4 to travel a distance of three underground stations.

Except, that there's a daily cap; after £8.40 (somewhat less if
off-peak) you stop paying more. Works out to ~3 trips in a day, after
that it's capped. Brilliant if you're rushing about between meetings.

(Specifically it is "Oyster automatically works out the cheapest fare
for all your journeys in one day so you'll never pay more than the price
of a Day Travelcard*")

AfC
Sydney