The TTC bylaws regarding the use of transfers are Draconian, nonsensical and business unfriendly.

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 9 18:55:29 UTC 2012

Charles

> Every other transit authority in the GTA has less rigid policies regarding
> the use of
> transfers.  Transfers can be used to ride transit anywhere within a two hour
> time period.

I sympathise with you but you are not comparing the two systems
properly. TTC do not have a time constraint on how long you are on
their system. You can board a train and spend the whole day without
anybody complaining. That's not the case for the others as you already
mentioned. For that flexibility, they tend to be a bit inflexible in
transfer usage.

I think you should just have gone back to the spot the transfer was
valid.  The TTC driver was just following her employers directives and
in my humble opinion, they sound sane

William