GTK theme not applied in Gnome Shell

Daniel Wayne Armstrong daniel-HRJVlgn2G/y5aS82P/H3Zg at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 8 02:08:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Thomas Milne
<thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Very minor complaint, but cannot find any useful info on Google, so
> maybe someone has some troubleshooting ideas on this?
>
> I'm on Debian Unstable, running Gnome Shell 3.4.2-1. Gnome apps are
> drawn using the default blocky gnome theme, even though in preferences
> for Gnome Shell the Adwaita GTK theme is selected. This has persisted
> over several updates to Gnome Shell, gnome-settings-daemon, etc.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Thomas ... I don't run Gnome Shell but I run GTK apps in Fluxbox +
Debian Unstable and to get my chosen GTK theme - "Zukitwo"  - to work
there are 2 files I had to create:

* ~/.gtkrc-2.0
* ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

... plus some themes are only GTK2 and GTK3 apps will not be styled
properly (Zukitwo supports both GTK2 + GTK3).

Maybe check that both those files are present on your system and your
chosen theme supports both versions of GTK?

--
         http://www.circuidipity.com
  .~.  /