X.org mouse click/focus woes

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 7 22:26:11 UTC 2012

| From: Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| I'm having issues in X where I can move the cursor with my mouse, click
| buttons with the keyboard, but not click/focus with the most.

s/most/mouse
?

I assume that to click with the keyboard you also have to navigate
with the keyboard: the mouse has no effect on which button is
selected.

| It happens in both gnome and KDE, with various mice (mouse?). I tried a
| fresh reinstall to fix it but it's still occurring, even after going from
| Ubuntu 10 to 12.
|
| It *does* seen to go away if I logout + logon, but returns after the next
| reboot.
|
| Google hasn't provided any useful hints yet.
|
| This is on a Zotac Ion box /w nforce chipset.

Some misbehaving applications?  Some applications can grab control of
the mouse and not let go.  At least so it seems to me -- I don't
actually know the X model from the programming side.

You don't mention your distro or release.

I use Acer Revos with Ion for HTPCs.  Seem to work fine in this
regard.  They run Ubuntu 10.04.  Your Zotac may use Ion2 which might
be different.